On June 13 at Wanderlust Hollywood in Los Angeles, California, Cosmoprof North America (CPNA) hosted a West Coast product preview event highlighting 11 brands from around the world, titled "Putting Beauty on the Map." The brands, which span four continents, were carefully curated based on their trend-setting attributes and global appeal. An East Coast version of the event was held on June 5th in New York City at the the Library at NeuHouse.
Several social media influencers were in attendance to scope out these hot brands, including hairstylist Lara C. Kay (@larackay), master colorist Alexandrea Villareal (@alexandreavillareal), Yire Castillo (@yire_castillo) and Cassie MUA (@cassieemua).
Some of the trends Cosmoprof displayed at the event included Instagrammable masks, men's grooming, fast glam, fermented brews, natural products, crystal energy, mindful beauty and female empowerment. Here's a more in-depth look at what each brand has to offer.
- 18.21 Man Made: Based in Texas and inspired by prohibition era's 18th amendment, which was later repealed by the 21st amendment (hence the brand's name), 18.21 captures the spirit of an iconic time period while providing the modern man with a unique grooming experience. Many of the products feature an aromatic, signature tobacco scent. @1821manmade
- O’o Hawaii: Inspired by the Hawaiian O’o Bird, O'o Hawaii's skincare products and supplements use superfood ingredients organically grown in Hawaii that contain no GMO sources or filler ingredients. The company is also cruelty-free, vegetarian, predominately plant-based and discourages factory farming. @oohawaiibeauty
- RealHer: Founder Bill Xiang created RealHer for his daughter, with a mission to promote female empowerment. Based in Orange County, California, the brand's various products each have unique shade names meant to inspire, such as "I Am Tough," "I've Got This" and "Be You." @realhermakeup
- Yuni Beauty: Made for consumers with active lifestyles, Yuni Beauty was founded by beauty entrepreneurs and yoga teachers Emmanuel Rey and Suzanne Dawson. Fortified with natural ingredients to promote healthy living, Yuni's nontoxic, plant-based products are free from harmful artificial ingredients like parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, petrolatum, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates, mineral oil, synthetic colors and fragrances, GMOs, PABA, EDTA and PEGs. @yunibeautybrand
- 9Wishes: 9Wishes, based in South Korea, has a Foil Peel Off Mask that is white and turns chrome when applied to the skin. Once set, the user can peel it off to reveal tighter, replenished and smoother skin. The mask contains nourishing pearl, white flower complex 9 and an amino acid complex to brighten complexions quickly and effectively. @9wishes_official
- Botanic Farm: Launched by Emily Cosmetic in 2014, Botanic Farm hails from Daegu, South Korea. Makers of natural cosmetics and skincare products, Botanic Farm touts high-quality K-beauty at an affordable price tag. With a mission to create products made from natural grains, plants and flowers, Botanic Farm's eco-friendly initiative includes using recycled fabrics for its masks and patches and the creation of marketing materials printed with organic soy ink. @botanicfarmofficial_us
- Bijoux De Pele: Offer your customers Bijoux De Pele Adhesive Eyeliner strips for a quick, easy alternative to traditional liquid and pencil eyeliners. Hypoallergenic and waterproof, simply press the adhesives above the lash line and watch eyes instantly transform. Your customers will be able to get ready for a night on the town in less time than ever before. @bijouxdepele
- Eleni & Chris: Based out of Norway, Eleni and Chris is passionate about using only pure, natural ingredients sourced from the fields, fjords and glaciers of Scandinavia. Made with ingredients like cloudberries (rich in antioxidants and vitamins A, B, C, D and E), volcanic minerals (fortified with magnesium, potassium, sodium and zinc), revitalizing glacier water and moisturizing SEA3oil (a pure omega oil that promotes collagen and elastin synthesis), the brand is inspired by a beautiful locale and delivers only high-quality, hardworking formulas. @eleniandchris
- Pour Moi: Your customers can cater their skincare regimens to the environmental factors of where they live with Pour Moi skincare. The company, founded in France, researched how the moisture balance and overall health of skin was effected by factors like the weather and environment. Choose from Desert, Tropical, Polar and Temperate when selecting from the brand's day creams, night creams and serums. @pourmoiskincare
- Rodial: Journalist Maria Hatzistefanis founded Rodial in the U.K. in 1999 after seeing a void in results-driven, high-performing skin care. Available in 35 countries around the world, Rodial celebrates antiaging ingredients and innovative manufacturing processes that harness potent ingredients like bee venom and dragon's blood. For a flawless complexion, the line's best-sellers address a host of skin concerns. @rodialbeauty
- Restorsea: Formulated for sensitive skin, Restorsea's naturally-derived, eco-friendly, clinically proven skincare essentials contain no parabens, phthalates, PEGs or mineral oil. The brand's patented Vibransea complex harnesses the power of enzyme Aquabeautine XL to provide the benefits of glycolic acid—but with a more gentle formula that contains protein and an exfoliant to dissolve dead skin cells, improve skin texture and tone, reduce the signs of aging and diminish fine lines. The Vibransea complex was discovered from salmon hatcheries in the fjords of Western Norway and is made after the salmon hatch from their eggs, in a process that does not harm the fish. @restorsea
To discover the latest industry-wide beauty trends and have the opportunity to network with beauty professionals from across the globe, visit Cosmoprof North America in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center on July 29-31. For more information, visit cosmoprofnorthamerica.com.