Mazur Group presented Beauty Biz Roundtable 17 (BBR17), on Wednesday, April 25th at the Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica Hotel.
The bi-annual beauty industry event featured senior executives from the West Coast's beauty scene (including Algenist, Amazon Beauty, FabFitFun, Ouai Haircare, Sexy Hair, Sephora Collection, Credo Beauty, Ilia Beauty and Moon Juice–to name a few). They gathered to address the beauty industry’s trending topics in influencer marketing, app development, PR, clean beauty, operational management, entrepreneurship and more. "Our BBR series is the only platform that truly offers a sense of community and idea-sharing in the beauty industry,” said Frances Mazur, CEO of Mazur Group. “Our goal is to provide invaluable connections for the beauty industry as a whole. After every BBR event, we see both current and new businesses flourish and powerful partnerships form.”
With the natural beauty market is expected to reach $13.2 billion this year, BBR17 focused heavily on clean beauty–especially at the roundtables of Jessica Goldin (BeautyCounter), Annie Jackson (Credo Beauty) and Sasha Plavsic (Ilia Beauty). Annie Jackson, COO of Credo Beauty, shared, “We live in a time when customers are conscientiously making purchases and really evaluating with a lot of scrutiny the products they are buying. While there is no legal definition for green, natural or clean beauty, it is up to beauty brands to self-regulate. Credo is clean beauty–so while many of the brands credo carries are using all-natural ingredients–our position is that synthetic ingredients are okay, assuming they are safe synthetics, and then combined with plants.” Sasha Plavsic, founder & creative director of Ilia Beauty, added, “We don’t see clean beauty as a movement, but more as becoming the norm in the industry. This is about empowering customers to ask and learn about what they are putting on their own skin.”
The roundtables were led by the following facilitators on different topics as noted:
• Trina Albus, founder & president of Magenta Agency - "Breaking through the Noise with Influencer Marketing”
• Elizabeth Ashmun, president of Moon Juice - "Developing and Maintaining a Purpose-driven Culture”
• Nimrod Basri, foundier & CEO of Make USA - "Day 1: The Operational Perspective of Building a Company”
• Joe Cloyes & Greg Gonzalez, co-founders of Youth To The People - "Looking Beyond the Influencer and the Micro-Influencer to The FOTB's (Friends of The Brand)"
• Amy Denoon, CEO of Beach House PR - "Socially Savvy - 5 Things to Build a Better Beauty Brand on Social"
• Jill Dunk, partner of The Pienza Collective – “How to Build your Army in a Gig Economy”
• Jessica Goldin, SVP of marketing at BeautyCounter - "The Trend Towards Clean Beauty – Where Is the Industry Headed"
• Annie Jackson, COO of Credo Beauty – “Who Shops for Clean Beauty and How to Meet their Demanding Standards”
• Margaret Kress, CEO of Toppik – “From Labor of Love – To Ready for Sale”
• Sasha Plavsic, founder & creative director of Ilia Beauty – “Clean Beauty – A Dialogue on What It Means to Be Clean”
• Thomas Rankin, co-founder & CEO of Dash Hudson – “How the World’s Best Beauty Brands are Dominating on Instagram”
For information on the Mazur Group's next Beauty Biz Roundtable, visit mazurgroupla.com/beauty-biz-roundtable/.