For the first time on September 14, the Hollywood Beauty Awards hosted the Daytime Hollywood Beauty Awards, honoring the "science in beauty." The award ceremony took place at the Avalon Hollywood, with proceeds from the show benefiting the Helen Woodward Animal Center. This year's host was K-EARTH 101 radio personality Lisa Stanley.
Founded by Michele Elyzabeth, the award show and its sister show recognize beauty professionals in the following industries: medicine, dentistry, cannabis, cosmetics, skin care, nail care, hairstyling and coloring, spa services and more. It's also co-produced by executive producer Pamela Price and president Otis Stokes.
Here are some of the highlights and award winners from the show:
- Industry leader and philanthropist, Greg Renker of Guthy Renker presented Brand of the Year to Cindy Crawford for Meaningful Beauty.
- Actress Meagan Good presented The Innovation Award to Dr. Jason Champagne.
- Tommy Chong of Cheech & Chong and actress Tara Reid presented The Sleeping Beauty Award to BEBOE's founders Scott Campbell and Clement Kwan. Campbell and Beboe’s Kiana Anvaripour accepted.
- Dr. George Sanders presented Outstanding Achievement in Facial Aesthetics to Nurse Practitioner Karen House.
- Actor and singer/songwriter James Maslow presented Outstanding Achievement in Dentistry to Dr. Bill Dorfman.
- Dr. Paul Nassif of E!'s "Botched" presented Outstanding Achievement in Medicine to Merz.
- Boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard received Outstanding Achievement in Health & Fitness.
- Shawn King presented the Excellence in Spa Services nominees, while Actress Meagan Tandy and Nails Magazine's Executive Editor Beth Livesay presented Excellence in Nail Styling. Claude Baruk co-presented Excellence in Coloring with Lisa Stanley.
In the nominee categories, the winners were:
Excellence in Nail Styling
· Gina Edwards
· Jenna Hipp
· Yoko Sakakura - Winner
Excellence in Coloring
· Denis De Souza - Winner
· Dianne Degnan
· Kim Vo
Excellence in Spa Services
· Beverly Hot Springs
· Sunset Marquis Spa
· Tomoko Spa - received by Tomoko Kurono - Winner
Next year, in February, the Hollywood Beauty Awards will celebrate its fifth year honoring some of the biggest and most talented names in the beauty industry. For more information, visit hollywoodbeautyawards.com or @hollywoodbeautyawards on Facebook and Instagram.
[Photos by Faye Sadou]