WSL/Strategic Retail: The Importance of How Hispanic Women Shop
Hispanic women appear to be among the most passionate and proactive shopper segment across all retail channels, according to WSL/Strategic Retail, which studies shopper behavior and retail trends.
The finding was revealed as part of the firm’s “How America Shops MegaTrends" report, "Moving On 2012,” which notes that Hispanic women are more actively using mobile devices, coupons, online searches, dollar stores and deep-discount retailers to save money, as compared to other female demographics.
“Hispanic women are an important population to watch as early adopters of the future of shopping,” said Candace Corlett, president of WSL/Strategic Retail. “To achieve the American Dream of having it all, Hispanic women shop more creatively than other demographics, utilizing every savings opportunity to get what their families need at the lowest price.”
WSL/Strategic Retail found that:
- Nearly 60% of Hispanic women use apps to search for the lowest price
- 53% make it a point to search online before going shopping
- 53% use their mobile devices in the store to find electronic coupons, sales and discount codes
- 75% use traditional coupons to get the lowest sale price
- 54% only buy items that are on sale
- 63% travel farther to shop at a store where they can save money
- 43% will buy a pre-owned product if it lets them get a brand that they couldn’t afford new
In comparison to the shopping behaviors of other ethnic demographics, Hispanic women consistently rank higher than both Caucasian and African-American women by about 10 percentage points.
[Image: thinkstock.com/Digital Vision]