Sephora Introduces Its 2013-2014 PRO Artists
Sephora recently announced its new Sephora PROs—a team of 17 elite beauty experts who will travel the Americas throughout 2013 and 2014, showcasing beauty artistry on behalf of the brand. Selected from a search that included hundreds of Sephora sales associates from the United States and Canada, the 17 have shown the talent, creativity and drive to rise above the rest and earn their spots at the top.
After weeks of makeup demonstrations and challenging interviews, the biennial competition concluded with the Sephora PRO Finals in Las Vegas on Aug. 29. The judging panel was a mix of elite beauty insiders, including Dany Sanz, founder of MAKE UP FOR EVER; Ricky Wilson, Dior celebrity makeup artist; Eva Chen, former beauty director of Teen Vogue; Julia Cyboran, editor-in-chief of LOULOU magazine; Lina Kutsovskaya, vice president, executive creative director, Sephora; and Sarah Lucero, global director of creative artistry for Stila.
"The level of expertise this year allowed for an exciting and elevated competition," says Melanie McGuire, vice president of education at Sephora. "Throughout this intensive judging process our contestants continued to surprise us with their artistry skills, and we are thrilled to announce one of the most-talented roundups of PRO artists we have seen to date."
In previous years the competition has been tough, but in 2012 the challenge took on a new level of intensity. The top 32 contestants created editorial, everyday and runway looks, and were judged on creativity, concept, innovation and style.
The 17 includes three permanent PRO Leads, seven veterans from previous years and seven new stars.
From in-store, industry and celebrity events to fashion shows across the country, Sephora PROs will represent Sephora in the Americas while also serving as local beauty experts in their hometown markets.
The PRO Leads are:
- Gilbert Soliz, New York City
- Sara Biria, New York City
- Erik Soto, Los Angeles
The returning members are:
- Annie Mercer, Sephora Southpoint (Durham, North Carolina)
- Jennie Carranza, Sephora La Cantera (San Antonio)
- Julie Tang, Sephora Fashion Valley (San Diego)
- Sheranda Curtis, Sephora Tysons Corner (McLean, Virginia)
- Helen Philips, Sephora Fashion Square (Los Angeles)
- Ilde Goncalves, Sephora South Beach (Miami)
- Julianna Sanchez, Sephora Bakersfield (Bakersfield, California)
And the new stars are:
- Alexandra Linardi, Sephora Americana (Glendale, California)
- Alyx Bisler, Sephora Downtown Seattle (Seattle)
- David Thibodeau, Sephora Portland (Portland, Oregon)
- Hector Espinal, Sephora Meatpacking (New York City)
- Louise Swinden Payne, Sephora Powell (San Francisco)
- Myiesha Sewell, Sephora Los Cerritos (Cerritos, California)
- Stephanie Smith, Sephora Scottsdale (Scottsdale, Arizona)
[Logo courtesy of PRNewsFoto/Sephora]