Keeping Up APPearances
Redken 5th Avenue NYC has relaunched its free Style Station mobile phone application. It originally launched in January 2011 for download on iPads, iPhones and Android phones; it now has more than 20,000 downloads, and is getting a strategic upgrade for the launch of Chromatics, Redken’s new Prismatic Permanent Color line.
Style Station 2.0 provides thousands of haircolor formulas for stylists to choose from, and allows them to create lookbooks and consult with clients using the Art of Consultation toolkit—a utility focused app that gives stylists the tools they need to improve client relationships, increase revenue potential and save time in the salon.
The Style Station 2.0 app features:
- More than 1000+ on-trend Chromatics haircolor formulas
- A lookbook featuring Redken’s imagery, including model haircolor formulas and step-by-step styling tips as well as the ability for stylists to customize their own lookbooks
- A consultation tool based on the Redken principles of the Art of Consultation to guide salon professionals in their conversations with clients
- Mobile access to Redken’s salon professional social network, "The Break Room," where stylists can update their statuses, seek advice from the community, share photos of their clients and dialogue with salon industry experts
- A timer that can be set for several clients at once, helping to keep clients on schedule and helping to prevent overprocessing
The Redken Style Station 2.0 mobile phone app is available through the iTunes App Store and the Android Marketplace.
So jump on the stylin’ bandwagon and get your app on!
—Image courtesy of thinkstockphotos.com/iStockphoto—