ICMAD FDA Cosmetic Regulations Workshop April 26 in New York City
Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers & Distributors will host its 31st U.S. Food and Drug Administration Cosmetic Regulations Workshop on April 26 inside the Vanderbilt Suites at the MetLife Building in New York City.
The event will feature 12 speakers and give attendees the opportunity to hear and question FDA staff and ICMAD experts on matters concerning cosmetic regulations. As the FDA strives to increase its oversight of regulated domestic and imported products, this all-day seminar is designed to cover the latest issues in the cosmetic and personal-care products industries, including:
- Updates on U.S. FDA activities
- How to register your company and products with the FDA
- The latest information on the status of over-the-counter drugs and the new sunscreen rules
- Legal issues in the manufacture and distribution of cosmetics
- How to substantiate the safety of your cosmetics and what can happen if you don't
The fee for members of ICMAD (and the Professional Beauty Association, the Personal Care Products Council, the Society of Cosmetic Chemists and Beauty Industry West) is $295. The nonmember cost is $395. An early-bird discount of $30 is in effect for those who register by April 12.
ICMAD hosted its first FDA Cosmetic Regulations Workshop in 1983 in response to questions about compliance with federal cosmetic regulations. The organization was chosen to create the workshop because of its focus on small and mid-size cosmetic entrepreneurial companies.
[Logo: Courtesy of Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers & Distributors]