CPNA Beauty Retailers Tour Returns
Cosmoprof North America will once again be hosting the Best Beauty Retailers Tour at its upcoming show. The tour, which debuted during CPNA 2011, will take place Saturday, July 21, from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. It precedes the trade show, which will take place July 22-24 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Participants will take a guided tour by bus to some of the best beauty-retail stores in Las Vegas. They will experience the most-talked-about beauty concepts, including Sephora and ULTA Beauty. Attendees will also learn how these major retail establishments came to be and what they can do to incorporate successful business strategies into their own companies.
Beauty-industry expert and executive editor of Beauty Store Business Marc Birenbaum will be the tour guide. He will provide tips on running a successful retail business, including an overview of signage, displays and placement, merchandising, impulse buys and staffing. In addition to these topics, Birenbaum will discuss the distinct business models, strategies and success stories of each beauty retailer.
The selected stores are:
- Aria Spa—a retail shop is attached to the resort and casino spa to serve as a “candy” store to keep clients engaged and promote a sense of discovery.
- Sephora—the beauty incubator, it is known for totally revolutionizing the beauty business.
- SKINS 6|2 Cosmetics—one of the newest beauty boutiques on The Strip. It’s an Amsterdam import at The Cosmopolitan Hotel of Las Vegas, and is a curated, modern-day apothecary with an eclectic assortment of brands from all over the world.
- ULTA Beauty—boasts 467 stores in 44 states and reported a double-digit sales increase last quarter.
- U*tique—an upscale, self-serve, beauty-products vending machine that debuted three years ago at what was then called Studio BeautyMix at Fred Segal in Santa Monica, California. It is now available at on-the-go type venues, such as airport terminals and other places, including The Cosmopolitan Hotel of Las Vegas.
- Walgreens Look Boutique—rolling out to select, key locations, this is a close relative to what can be found in Duane Reade that features hard-to-find beauty labels plus expert advice.
The cost of the tour for Professional Beauty Association members is $125 and $150 for nonmembers. The cost increases by $25 after June 23. A box lunch will be provided. Information is available at both cosmoprofnorthamerica.com and Facebook.com/cosmoprofnorthamerica.