Cosmoprof Asia 2012 Closes With Record Numbers
Beauty Store Business had a number of advertisers at Cosmoprof Asia 2012, which took place Nov. 14-16 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Hong Kong. I also know of numerous beauty-industry executives who were there. And from all accounts on our international beauty beat, it was a great show.
If you're not familiar with Cosmoprof Asia, it's the largest beauty trade show in the Asia-Pacific region. Like its Cosmoprof North America sister (July 14-16, 2013) in Las Vegas, Cosmoprof Asia is a joint venture—this one between the BolognaFiere Group and UBM Asia. This was the 17th year of the event.
And the official, just-released Cosmoprof Asia record-breaking numbers are now in:
- 55,386 visitors—14% above 2011—with a significant presence of buyers from the United States, Australia, China, Japan, Korea and Russia.
- 1,964 exhibitors—a 10% increase compared to 2011—from 44 countries and regions. There were 531 first-time exhibitors. There was also a 19% jump in participation from Europe—with France ranking first in the number of exhibitors.
- There were national and group pavilions from the United States, Australia, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Korea, Pakistan, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and the United Kingdom joined by inaugural Canadian and Brazilian groups.
- Overall, the show occupied 74,000 square meters of exhibition area—9% over last year.
- And members of the media covered the event.
Exhibitors reported excellent results. One was U.S.-based haircare and hair-appliances supplier Amika. "Cosmoprof Asia is vital to help us expand our professional distribution in Asia," says Heather Coughlin, Amika national education manager. "We are looking to expand our business as a heavy player in Asia’s professional-beauty market, and have received a lot of interest in our brand and met several good distributors at the show.”
Buyers at the show included those representing Sephora, Mannings, SaSa and Watsons.
For the sixth consecutive year, Cosmoprof Asia organized an international buyers program. Prominent buyers from Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand and Russia were invited to meet one-on-one with exhibitors of their choice, and more than 140 one-on-one meetings took place at the International Buyers Lounge.
Also, Cosmoprof Asia collaborated with the Asia Hair Masters Association to host a series of events, including the AHMA Hairstyling Awards Final.
And the fifth Cosmoprof Asia Spa Conference brought together high-caliber speakers from the spa industry.
"Cosmoprof Asia this year was an outstanding success,” states Duccio Campagnoli, president of the BolognaFiere Group as well as SoGeCos, which is the organizer of Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna (March 8-11, 2013) in Bologna, Italy. "We are particularly proud of having been able to produce under the Cosmoprof brand yet another successful event for the international cosmetics industry."
Michael Duck, executive vice president of UBM Asia and director of Cosmoprof Asia, adds, "It’s very encouraging to see yet another record-breaking edition of Cosmoprof Asia. Participants originating from 121 countries and regions testify to the truly international profile of the show and the increasing importance of the Asia region to the global beauty trade.”
Cosmoprof Asia 2013 will take place on Nov. 13-15 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Hong Kong. Maybe it's time for you to make the trip—before your competitor does.
[Image courtesy of Cosmoprof Asia]